Monday 21 February 2011

Beyerdynamic DT880


After the failure of my HD650, I have ordered a pair of Beyerdynamic DT880 in the 600 Ohm version as a replacement. I still will be getting my HD650 fixed, but is an excuse to make an earlier purchase on the DT880. It will be fun to compare the two through the Crack amp. Hopefully they will arrive by the weekend, so that I have some time to try them out. Probably end up burning them in for 10 or so hours first before I give them a good listen.

During the research for different headphones, I decided that I will try to get a pair of Grado SR60i, they seem fun and cheap and should be a better match for the computer outputs direct and iPad. Another few headphones I'd like to try eventually are the AKG K702, the Denons and the Audio Technika. But, they all seem to be lower impedance headphones, and Id prefer to stick with the higher impedance ones so they can all be listened through the crack.

The wait begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment